Tragic Death of 14-Year-Old Tamil Nadu Girl Linked to Chicken Shawarma Food Poisoning

by Ella

A devastating incident unfolded in Tamil Nadu’s Namakkal district as a 14-year-old girl tragically lost her life due to food poisoning after consuming chicken shawarma. The unfortunate incident occurred on Sunday when the young girl and her family decided to enjoy a meal consisting of various non-vegetarian dishes, including chicken shawarma, brought home from a local restaurant by her father.

The situation took a grave turn later that night when the girl fell seriously ill and was promptly rushed to a nearby hospital by her family. Although she was initially discharged and sent back home, her condition deteriorated, ultimately leading to her untimely demise on Monday.


Local authorities were quick to respond to this alarming situation, with reports emerging that 13 medical students had also fallen ill after consuming non-vegetarian food from the same restaurant. These individuals were subsequently admitted to medical facilities for treatment.


In light of these distressing developments, officials swiftly organized a raid on the restaurant in question. During the operation, food samples were collected, and three individuals were detained for questioning. Additionally, a food safety team was deployed to trace the origin of the chicken used in various dishes, such as grilled chicken, tandoori chicken, and shawarma, to identify the source of the contamination.


As the investigation unfolds, authorities are committed to uncovering the circumstances surrounding this tragic incident. The focus remains on ensuring the safety of the public and preventing any further harm caused by contaminated food.




Wellfoodrecipes is a professional gourmet portal, the main columns include gourmet recipes, healthy diet, desserts, festival recipes, meat and seafood recipes, etc.

【Contact us: [email protected]

Copyright © 2023